School Terms in a Church School
Autumn Term 1 Harvest
Autumn Term 2 Celebrating Advent and Christmas
Spring Term 1 Epiphany and Candlemas
Spring Term 2 Lent and Easter Term
Summer Term 1 Pentecost
Summer Term 2 Celebrating Trinity
Download our school prayer from the link below.
Christians believe God is the source of all life and all life is sacred, to be respected, protected and enjoyed. The Bible teaches that all people are spiritual beings with a capacity for a relationship with God, which is rooted in love.
Trust is at the heart of spiritual development; trust in God who loves them and trust in the school which is safe, and where they will be listened to.
We aim to provide children with opportunities to:
- Develop their appreciation of their uniqueness and value as a person made in the image of God
- Develop an understanding of the ethos of our school as well as the context, language and symbolism of the Christian Faith
- Develop their understanding of the core Christian values and Biblical teaching on which they are based
- Develop an appreciation of what it means to be part of a community, using their gifts and abilities in the service of others
- Develop the skills and language to enable them to reflect upon the big questions and mysteries of life
- Develop an awareness that the experiences of disappointment, failure and loss may be occasions for spiritual growth
- Understand the value of difference and diversity, by involvement with others
School worship takes place every day. We have whole school worship four times per week at 1:00pm. A class, reflective worship is held once per week.
We follow the Roots and Fruit Christian Values Worship programme.
Each term we focus on a new Christian value.
Hymns and songs to enrich the values
Class reflective worship
Values Worship or Open the Book team
Wider World Worship
Celebration and sharing
Services in Church
We have a strong relationship with the local church and are able to use the building for many activities as well as weekly whole school Christian worship. Classes have held their own weddings and Christening services.
We have end of term services in Church as well as a special service for the Y6 leavers in July.
We hold our Christmas concerts in the Church using our own stage and lighting.
We use the church for special festival services such as Harvest, Remembrance, Christmas and Easter.
We also join with Womens' World Day of Prayer.
Festivals and Special Services
Festivals are special times to come together.
Christmas concerts are very important as they are the centre of what a church school is all about; developing the Christian ethos and belief. They are well supported and very inspiring.
We have held Experience Easter in and around School and the Church. This was a wonderful passion play enacted by local parishioners.
In September 2018 I sing Pop team helped the pupils perform an amazing evening performance of singing and worship.