Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Mrs Sue Anderson is our school consultant SENCO and she supports us on a needs led basis. For any SEND queries please speak to the Headteacher, Mrs Hayley Alliston. If you would like to speak to Mrs Anderson, please contact the Headteacher for information.
Helpful documents can be downloaded from the links below:
SEND Information for Parents
Provision for Pupils with SEND
Offer of Early Help
A copy of the Local Authority's local offer can be found at:
How we identify pupils with SEND
Through assessments and monitoring a pupil is quickly identified where they are not making expected progress in their learning or are presenting with other barriers to their learning.
- Staff discuss their concerns with the Headteacher.
- SEND Consultant meets with staff and Headteacher and identifies whether the pupil meets the criteria for being placed on the SEND Register.
- The Local Authority’s Guidance Book, for identifying pupils with SEN, is referred to.
- The need and category of need is identified.
- Reasonable adjustments and additional targeted interventions are discussed and agreed to meet the pupil’s needs.
- An individual pupil My Plan is set up to include Outcomes and Provision to meet the Needs.
- The parent is invited to a meeting with the teacher to discuss their child special educational needs and the provision the school will put in place to meet those needs.
- The My Plan is reviewed in a timely manner.