Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Mrs Sue Anderson is our school consultant SENCO and she supports us on a needs led basis. For any SEND queries please speak to the Headteacher, Mrs Hayley Alliston.
Helpful documents can be downloaded from the links below:
SEND Information for Parents
Provision for Pupils with SEND
Offer of Early Help
A copy of the Local Authority's local offer can be found at:
How we identify pupils with SEND
Through assessments and monitoring a pupil is quickly identified where they are not making expected progress in their learning or are presenting with other barriers to their learning.
- Staff discuss their concerns with the Headteacher.
- SEND Consultant meets with staff and Headteacher and identifies whether the pupil meets the criteria for being placed on the SEND Register.
- The Local Authority’s Guidance Book, for identifying pupils with SEN, is referred to.
- The need and category of need is identified.
- Reasonable adjustments and additional targeted interventions are discussed and agreed to meet the pupil’s needs.
- An individual pupil My Plan is set up to include Outcomes and Provision to meet the Needs.
- The parent is invited to a meeting with the teacher to discuss their child special educational needs and the provision the school will put in place to meet those needs.
- The My Plan is reviewed in a timely manner.