Our school curriculum
This section describes our broad and balanced curricuum as set out per year group. If you would like more detailed information, please contact the school.
We teach our school curriculum through a whole school, themed based approach, which runs over a three year rolling program.
Each year is divided into three themes. Each theme will have a bias towards science, history or geography. Planning for learning will show progression of both knowledge and skills throughout the school.
The question of ‘how’ to teach our curriculum is a very important one. We want our learners to learn through an engaging, questioning, fun and meaningful curriculum that will encourage pupils to learn through, as much as possible, real experiences. Our curriculum will encourage a love and interest of knowledge as well as building confidence and skills to learn.
As a Church of England school spiritual, moral, social and cultural development will impact on all that we do. Achievement is seen in terms of the academic and personal development of all learners, together with their well-being. Our learners will have the opportunity to reflect on and respond to beliefs, values and experiences from a range of faith perspectives.
- RE rolling programme for website [pdf 240KB]
- What's on your Doorstep Chestnut Class 2019 [pdf 308KB]
- What's on our Doorstep Maple Cllass Summer 2019 [pdf 116KB]
- What's on your Doorstep Oak Class Summer 2019 [pdf 329KB]
- School Curriculum theme over view [pdf 315KB]
- Long, Long Ago Chestnut Class Spring 2019 [pdf 191KB]
- Long, Long Ago Maple Class Spring 2019 [pdf 114KB]
- Long, Long Ago Oak Class Spring 2019 [pdf 399KB]
- Chestnut Theme sheet for parents Look Closer Autmn 2018 [pdf 266KB]
- Oak Theme sheet for parents Look Closer Autmn 2018 [pdf 174KB]
- Maple Theme sheet for parents Look Closer Autmn 2018 [pdf 99KB]
- Marvellous Me Autumn Chestnut [pdf 282KB]
- Marvellous Me Autumn Maple [pdf 220KB]
- Marvellous Me Autumn Oak [pdf 247KB]
- Digging up the Past Chestnut Spring [pdf 205KB]
- Vikings and Anglo- Saxons Maple Spring term [pdf 260KB]
- Romans Theme Spring [pdf 202KB]
- Oak Where in the World Theme sheet for parents [pdf 275KB]
- Where in the World Maple Summer 2018 [pdf 164KB]
- Chestnut Where in the World theme sheet for parents [doc 662KB]