Our school curriculum
We teach our school curriculum through a whole school, themed based approach, which runs over a three year rolling program.
Each year is divided into three themes. Each theme will have a bias towards science, history or geography. Planning for learning will show progression of both knowledge and skills throughout the school.
The question of ‘how’ to teach our curriculum is a very important one. We want our learners to learn through an engaging, stimulating, questioning, fun, meaningful curriculum that allows pupils to learn through real experiences. Once a child is hooked, and has a good work attitude, they can begin to explore and develop independence in learning. Our curriculum will be skills based to encourage confidence, self-esteem, risk taking, social interaction and mutual support.
As a Church of England school spiritual, moral, social and cultural development will impact on all that we do. Achievement is seen in terms of the academic and personal development of all learners, together with their well-being. Our learners will have the opportunity to reflect on and respond to beliefs, values and experiences from a range of faith perspectives.
- RE rolling programme for website [pdf 240KB]
- School Curriculum theme over view [pdf 315KB]
- Marvellous Me Autumn Chestnut [pdf 282KB]
- Marvellous Me Autumn Maple [pdf 220KB]
- Marvellous Me Autumn Oak [pdf 247KB]
- Digging up the Past Chestnut Spring [pdf 205KB]
- Vikings and Anglo- Saxons Maple Spring term [pdf 260KB]
- Romans Theme Spring [pdf 202KB]
- Oak Where in the World Theme sheet for parents [pdf 275KB]
- Where in the World Maple Summer 2018 [pdf 164KB]
- Chestnut Where in the World theme sheet for parents [doc 662KB]